An international leader of the high tech industry, 150.000 collaborators around the world, Multi-billions € of income.
IT Servers Business Unit issues :
- An unmanaged component diversity that has exploded generating extra costs,
- Manufacturing lead time too important.
Here are the 4 main phases that we followed:
Construction of the IT Server 150% Product Breakdown Structure (including packaging),
For each key component, thorough analysis of sales data to determine minimal component variability (performance steps) to fully cover market expectations with a minimal number of different references,
Implementation of product line a configurator to automate product configuration generation,
Development of a capability model to forecast component volumes & manage component stocks optimally.
- -10M€ / year reduction of inventory costs,
- -75% reduction order-to-product lead time,
- -70% reduction test time,
- Drastic reduction of key components variability:
|Component||As-is variants||To-be standard modules||Diversity reduction|
|CPU||35 différent CPUs||11 standard CPU modules||-69%|
|Hard disk||26 different hard disks||14 standard hard disk modules||-54%|
|Back plane||7 different back planes||3 standard back plane modules||-57%|
|Memory||6 different memories||3 standard memory modules||-50%|
|RAID card||24 different RAID cards||4 standard RAID card modules||-83%|