A world leader in propulsion.
Projects conducted in a far too sequential and siloed manner.
Strong and increasing safety constraints.
Engineering not challenged collectively: the large number of non-conformities and derogations shows a tendency to over-specify and to renew assumptions and solutions without challenge.
«All-or-nothing » engineering:
- Difficulty in managing evolving and unclear needs to be refined
- Current inability to freeze only the essential parameters according to the progress of the project
- Delays / successive modifications
- Slowness of developments
- Non-conformities / derogations
- Less innovative solutions
Need to transform engineering and manufacturing “down to the part”.
Support for framing, definition of target functions and pilot implementation projects.
- Planning: -20 to 30% measured in the preliminary and conceptual design phases
- Cost: up to 70% off design costs!
- -52% between launch and PDR (Preliminary Design Review)
- -70% between PDR and CDR (Conceptual Design Review)
- Strong decrease of reserves / recommendations impacting on milestone crossings