Deployment of systems engineering. Case of a french electric utility company.
- Beyond cooperation, difficulties in collaborating and synchronizing between business lines / entities.
- Inhomogeneous practices and needs to be improved on the Verification and Validation aspects.
- Roles and responsibilities are unclear.
- A lack of control of requirements that makes it difficult to capitalize/reuse activities transversal to the product.
Here are the 3 main phases that we followed: (for obvious privacy reasons we have blurred the graphics)
1. A systemic decomposition of the “Nuclear Power Plant” by levels (reference PBS) that guides design activities.
2. An overall vision of design & project processes, with well defined interfaces and a structuration by level of roles, deliverables….
3. Roles & Responsabilities are defined for each level.
- Deployment on key pilot projects: SMR (Small Modular Reactor), KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia);
- Expected benefits:
Decrease in the number of corrective actions: -30% on Milestone 3
Avoid rework between milestone 3 and 4: -5,5M€